2023: Centre For Cyberspace Hosts Workshop On Election Infrastructure
TECHDIGEST – The Center For Cyberspace Studies at the Nasarawa State University, in collaboration with her local and International partners, is set to organize a workshop on election infrastructure on 28th to 30th, November 2022.
The event will be held at the NAF conference Centre and suites, Abuja.
Participation in this workshop is open to the public, who can register via the following link.
This workshop is intended to draw out the vulnerabilities as well as factors that might be affecting the 2023 general elections considering people, process and technology infrastructure.
The Workshop Objectives are as follows:
- Mastering the goals of Security, Safety and Trust of Election Infrastructure.
- Understanding the landscape of vulnerability in people, process and technology.
- How to examine and reduce the surface of opportunities offered by such vulnerabilities and threats.
- Understanding the threat landscape, threat actors and their motivations.
- Mastering the risk landscape – impact/severity of security breaches – how it affects electoral chances.
- Gain Insightful Knowledge about the Insider-Man
- Threats in a electoral systems.
- Understanding the weaponization of the electoral process by internal and external forces – use of social media networks (fake news, misinformation, disinformation, propaganda, etc.).
Some of the key stakeholders who will attend the workshop are HRH, Dr David Wifi Tukura Aguma Of Bassa Turunku Chiefdom, Professor Tonnie Iredia, OON, Former Director General, National Orientation Agency, NOA, Chris Uwaje, FNCS, Professor Suleiman Bala Muhammad, Vice Chancellor, Nasarawa State University, among others.