#JusticeForHinny: Expert Highlights 10 Jobscam Indicators
TECH DIGEST – A United Kingdom-based Cloud Security Consultant, Mr. Remi Afon has highlighted 10 job scam indicators that can lead to the loss of money and possible death.
Afon, who is also the President of Cyber Security Experts Association of Nigeria (CSEAN) highlighted these indicators, following the recent unfortunate incident, where a young job seeker, Iniubong Umoren was reportedly raped, murdered and buried in a shallow grave in Akwa Ibom State by a 20-year-old Uduak Frank.
Tagged #JusticeForHinny #JusticeforHinyHumore, Remi Afon tweeted via his @RemiAfon #Jobscam is on the rise in Nigeria, apart from losing your money, criminals are now getting murderous. If your gut says it’s a scam It probably is.
Here are the top 10 Jobscam indicators:
- You didn’t contact them, they contacted you.
- The pay is much higher than the average for the job.
- It’s an instant offer.
- Vague job requirements and descriptions.
- Emails from free email like Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail and not a company email address.
- Emails with no contact information.
- Internet search results for the company returns nothing/vague info.
- You are asked to provide confidential info.
- You are asked to make payment before the offer.
- You are asked to come to a dodgy area for an interview.
Jobscam is on the rise in Nigeria, apart from losing your money, criminals are now getting murderous as recently seen in the unfortunate case. If your gut says it’s a scam, stay with it. Possibly, it is a scam.